Apparently, this week’s edition of the show was a bit off because the clock at the station was a minute behind and I was having a fever. There’s a new number one song as Arcade Fire’s reign on top came to an end. The image on top is the new number song on the Wild 5 for August 25th. That’s right, it’s adaline and the song was stalled at number two for three weeks. Also on the show, an Adam Saikaley song was played, which won the first Ottawa International Film Festival’s Music Video Challenge. The music video, Bike is up on YouTube, click here to watch it. More Arcade Fire songs were played and Sprawl II remix continues to be a favorite from the band. The second hour was going back in time to play Japanese and Chinese songs from the year 2000.
The playlist from the CKCU-FM COD will have the explanation on the top 10 songs. Here’s the top 10 list.
1. Hand To Hold – adaline (1st week at #1. Description is on the CKCU playlist)
2. More & More & More – The Mountains & The Trees (Going up a spot.)
3. White Wolves – Bravestation (Going up two spots. It was played several times last Wednesday. More reviews from their 2010 EP has been published)
4. Quarry Hymns – Land of Talk (Going up two spots as the album, Cloak and Cipher is finally released.)
5. The Suburbs – Arcade Fire (Falling down from the #1 spot.)
6. Carve A Path Like A Valley Through The Land – Nightwood (Falling down two spots.)
7. This City – hotshotcasino (Going up two spots. Apparently, I missed them on Friday night.)
8. Plastic Slides – Winter Gloves
9. A Good Name – Shad (New entry. It’s getting airplay elsewhere.)
10. Winchester Warm – Winchester Warm (New entry. I stumbled on a podcast from Montreal and they were featured.)
The playlist can be viewed by clicking at this link.
You can listen to the show by pressing play below.